Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coco


After a year of its release, I finally got to watch "Coco Avant Chanel" last night with my sister over cosy cups of tea and baked potato chips.

I couldn't help but feel inspired by the woman whose style we crave today. I have always had a deep respect for those who make it in the world through their own guts and talent. Although "Coco" won't be the perfect example to young girls (she was a mistress to a baron to open her up to the ├╝ber French society), I fell in love with how she took the crap and sucked it up. She stuck with the baron and remained loyal to her own sense of style, when everyone else chose to get tied in corsets.

I was filled with ambition and a belief in myself. When was the last time you got inspired?

3 comments:

Chika said...

I really like this post. I love people who are not afraid to be themselves, even if that means not following the norm. At the end of the day, one might argue that we are all the same, but we do have our differences, and that is what I would like to call "unique".

The last time I was inspired (although I do get inspired a lot of times) - which I remember - is when I had a fight with my cousin and I wrote a "happy" song afterward. Funny, because although the whole fight was negative, soemthing positive came out of it, and writing is like therapy to me. :P

Chika said...

Hey Tara. I'm in England at the moment, but I'll be back on Tuesday. We should definitely meet up and do something then :D...

Oh..forgot to tell you that the boss at PulsMedia said that 1 month working is too short, and they are looking for people who can work for longer :P.. hehe.. but that's okay :)...I honestly,really hope you get the job. You deserve it :)

i hold a million thoughts.a couple thousand pictures. here are a few. stay for tea? said...

Hey!!!! I guess I'll see you soon then!

Post a Comment